Sunday, January 4, 2009

why does the caged bird sing?

through the mind flows millions of thoughts a day,
where am i heading? i wish i could, i should have, God I've come to pray.
the least to say, its a 24 hour process over and over,
should i give up on my dream?, is this real?, is my heart getting colder?
the things you would say if you were a bit BOLDER but you don't after consideration,
i really like her, why does he do that?, uqh i wanna bash his face in.
sensations of the mind tricks of the heart, steady beats but racing,
is this love?, whats the point?, I'm not the cause of any problems i am facing.
tracing back to your dreams, or night mares, the lights, the darkness,
is this life?, what should i wear?, i got her attention but don't know how to start this.
it'll leave you tormented perhaps heartless i wonder if you hear this,
I'm tired, I'm dying, what would they think of these lyrics.
compatible to non-other, nobody near this, no where to find,
i wish she was here, i wish she would shine, i wish she could read my mind.
with all this stored away, hard to grind, it brings me pain,
maybe this, maybe that, Julio are you insane?.
i just want my gains, find peace, i pray to spread my wings,
that perhaps, indeed is why the caged bird sings.
-Julio Taveras

its hard to explain the meaning to this, in a way you have to feel what i wrote.

the thoughts in our heads are like the bird in the cage, in the sense that theres a lot of things we wish to say but we keep locked up. the bird wants to be free, and we wish we can say everything on our minds if you understand me?

"...the bird wants to be free. and he sees what freedom would entail. so he sings a song of sorrow, captivity, and a longing to be free."

just like the things we think of on a daily basis.

freedom of the mind, is freedom of the soul...

hope you enjoyed..

No comments:

Post a Comment